Probability, Addition and multiplication law
Events : Dependent, Independent, Exclusive events

Power and Logarithms

Factorial and negative powers
Graphical, intuitive understanding
Logarithm/antilog definatio and properties
Word problems
Mixed with Algebra

The Question pattern for Quants is as follows (expected)
Number of Questions : 25
Total Time allotted : 35 minutes
Minimum Questions to be attempted : 15

For other sections : Visit this link

So seeing the above pattern almost around 1.2 minutes are needed max for attempting each question (That's not a lot of time considering minimum amount of questions to be answered as per the rules [else you will get -1], means that you can give max to max around 2.5 minutes per question [in worst case scenario] but do remember that once you have submitted the answer you cannot revert back to the question because AMCAT is an adaptive test, means that your next question will depend on your previous answer.

So main question strike, how to prepare for Quants in AMCATHow to score a high percentile in Quants in AMCAT?

Well time management is the key, you must note that each section is around 900 marks, but its unclear that how much marks each question weigh. Checking out marks/question(s) it makes around 36 marks per question [but the score calculation may depend on many factors like time : accuracy, and much more.

AMCAT Sample Questions [Quant][500+ Questions]

Recommended Book to refer : Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (English)

The Quantitative Ability assesses the ability of the candidate in the following two aspects: 

A. Basic understanding of numbers and applications
This section tests whether the candidate has understanding of basic number system, i.e., fractions, decimals, negative, positive, odd, even numbers, rational numbers, etc. The candidate should know how to do basic operations on these numbers, understand concepts of factors/divisibility and have good practice on algebra.
Apart from operations on numbers, the candidate should know how to convert a real-world problem into equations, which could be solved to find an unknown quantity. The candidate is tested on Word Problems representing various scenarios to assess the same. 

B. Analytical/Engineering Maths
These are aspects of mathematics needed for Engineering disciplines and analysis of data. This includes permutation-combination, probability and understanding of logarithms. 
Following is a 7 day schedule which need to be followed for getting a high percentile in AMCAT.

Day 1 :  Complete chapter(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
The chapter(s) are following
Chapter 1 : Numbers
Chapter 2 : HCF and LCM of Numbers
Chapter 3 : Decimal Fractions
Chapter 4 : Simplification
These are one of the difficult chapters of quants section of amcat, these chapters consist of some tricky questions, it is expected that you might recieve this 2nd or 3rd question (assuming that your first 2 are correct) or you might recive an easy question from this as 1st question, maximum time is needed to solve these questions, it might take upto 2-3 minutes as it involves some multiplication (which is time consuming), so full dedication is needed for these 4 chapters, else you might lose a lot of time.

Day 2-3 :  Complete chapter(s) 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.
Chapter 15 : Time & work
Chapter 16 : Pipes & cistern
Chapter 17 : Time & distance
Chapter 18 : Problem on trains
Chapter 19 : Boats and streams
Chapter 20 : Alligation of mixtures
Altough these chapters are small but these are extremly important regarding competetive and examination point of view, there is almost surity that you might recieve these questions after attempting 3-4 are correct. Take these type of questions seriously, most probably you will see these type of questions in every oncampus and offcampus aptitude tests. Practice this thoroughly all solved and unsolved questions.

Day 4 :  Complete chapter(s) 6,7,8,10,11
Chapter 6 : Average
Chapter 7 : Problem on numbers
Chapter 8 : Problem on ages
Chapter 10 : Percentage
Chapter 11 : Profit & loss
Another important topic is profit and loss, complete these within 1 day [its not that difficult] but make sure that you dont skip any of these, these are important chapters again from interview and exam point of view, complete all with solved and unsolved.

Day 5 :  Revise previous 15 chapters
There are plenty of study material along with sample exam papers available, here are the following links that might help
AMCAT & Elitmus
AMCAT & Elitmus sample aptitude questions
AMCAT Sample Questions [Quant][500+ Questions]

Day 6 :  Complete chapters 21,22,23 
Chapter 21 : Simple Interest
Chapter 22 : Compound Interest
Chapter 23 : Logarithms
Logarithms is one of the important chapter(s) which most probably you will get the first question, if you had studied for competetive exams in class XII, this chapter might be a cakewalk, you might only need around 30-40 minutes to complete the whole chapter. Rest for simple and compound interest you might recieve 1 question from either of the chapters. So prepare well.

Day 7 :  Complete chapters 30,31
Chapter 30 : Permutation and combination
Chapter 31 : Probability
Again these two chapters are most important chapters, you might sureshot recieve 1 question from these 2 chapters, a through revision must be done solving both solved and unsolved questions.
If you follow the above pattern, there are high chances that you might land 90+ percentile or even a 100%ile. If you have any doubt(s) then you can leave a comment below.

All the best.

Thanks given by: san93 , anugrah , Sanjoy Kanrar , amulyasaimaddali , guptarchika , helloshores , Harita Marni , Nitansh Vaidya
07-30-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: How I scored 100 percentile in Quantitative Ability in AMCAT
hello brother !! thnx for d schedule ...plz suggest wen and how shud we prepare for programming ( cse domain )
07-31-2015, 04:05 PM
(07-30-2015 11:47 PM)'vatan' Wrote:  hello brother !! thnx for d schedule ...plz suggest wen and how shud we prepare for programming ( cse domain )

well I would recommend you to start programming from Day 1 of the schedule itself, just go with small bits of topics, complete syllabus is mentioned here : Amcat Syllabus

09-17-2015, 11:05 PM
 hello brother , vil you pls kindly tell me the difficulty level of questions askd in amcat in diffrnt sections ?is the difficulty level same as of sample questions you have uploaded in reasoning and quant pdf.? And I am practising prvious ssc exam papers is that be relevant or not? And also pls tell me the best source of practise from where I can practis complt test papers rathr than indivdul chptre frm buks lik rs Agarwal.waiting for kind revert.thankyou.
 Thanks given by: Typeicect
09-23-2015, 10:26 PM
 thanku for giving information..can u tell me abt technical also..i m an electronics engineer...plzz suggest some study material for it..or send me in my mail id:-nikhilsinghal.659@gmail.com.
 Thanks given by: Newscooge
02-10-2017, 09:20 AM
 Is there any negative marking in Amcat?????
What happens If we attempt all questions even though we don't know all answers exactly.. please someone clarify my doubt ???
 Thanks given by: Newscooge
02-14-2017, 07:37 PM
(02-10-2017 09:20 AM)'Nasrith' Wrote:   Is there any negative marking in Amcat?????
What happens If we attempt all questions even though we don't know all answers exactly.. please someone clarify my doubt ???

There is no negative marking in AMCAT, you can attempt all questions.

07-18-2017, 11:07 PM
 Hii is there anyone who can guide me on AMCAT preparation plss
New Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AMCAT Scholarship code Deep_Singh 2 1,939 07-23-2017 04:41 PM
Last Post: Deep_Singh
  AMCAT Sample Questions [Logical Reasoning][288 Questions] Deep_Singh 5 82,070 07-19-2017 07:24 PM
Last Post: tanmay2211
  AMCAT Sample Questions [Verbal/English][300+ Questions] Deep_Singh 6 145,587 06-17-2017 08:06 PM
Last Post: vishal singh
  AMCAT Sample Questions [Quant][500+ Questions] Deep_Singh 7 119,714 05-31-2017 12:22 PM
Last Post: Sneha Awasthi
  AMCAT Sample Questions [Computer Science + Programming][300+ Questions] Deep_Singh 28 325,695 05-11-2017 08:41 PM
Last Post: akhila1234
  how to crack amcat ece 9 59,900 12-02-2016 03:53 PM
Last Post: praveen11
  AMCAT Syllabus Deep_Singh 3 39,563 10-17-2015 06:55 PM
Last Post: amrin kausar
  AMCAT Pattern [11 september 2014] Deep_Singh 3 26,869 07-21-2015 03:07 PM
Last Post: Gitesh13091991
  AMCAT & Elitmus sample aptitude questions Deep_Singh 0 83,805 09-28-2014 11:21 PM
  AMCAT Results announced [11 sept] Deep_Singh 0 3,983 09-18-2014 03:30 PM