Current time: 09-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

myCampusNotes | Forum

New Reply 

What to do when you get a 'back' or 'arrear' or 'suppli' in 7th Semester or any sem ?
03-20-2015, 07:20 PM
What to do when you get a 'back' or 'arrear' or 'suppli' in 7th Semester or any sem ?
7th Semester results are announced, and some of you might not have got the expected marks, now consider a hypothetical situation where someone X gets a back  or arrear or suppli in 7th semester, what can one do, what are the options now avaialble.

Option 1 : Audit the subjects 
According to amendments in GGSIPU, the university will calculate 200 credits in whole btech year, (4 years), i.e. all the leftover credits will not be calculated. How university chooses the left over credits? The minimum marks scored will be removed and the consolidated marksheet will be only of 200 credits. What does this mean ? This means that you can tell the University that you dont want to include this subject while calculating the final CPI.
Remember : If you have completed the 200 credits then university will not allow you sit for the exams next year and will give the consolidated marksheet and award the degree.
Go to IPU university, they will ask you to write a letter in particular format, stating that you want to drop the subject and dont want to include that subject while calculating the CPI.

What will happen if you are already selected in oncampus/offcampus/governmant placement(s)
The most important question that will strike your mind is that will the placement be revoked or will the allow. Mostly in all companies they only want the consolidated marksheets and the degree, so there will not be any problem while going to company but double check with the placement officers and HR, some companies might want no-back history/no arrears, but mostly mass recruiting companies will allow untill and unless any notification is released by the company. If in doubt, you can mail to your college placement head or the company hr manager, they might help you with this info.
Remember : If you get arrears/back in 5th semester, then you must consult your college regarding oncampus placements, because most of the companies might not allow students with back upto 6 semesters.

Option 2 : Apply for Rechecking
Its a very long shot, and some might think a wastage of money, but still dont exhaust your options, you might not know when the ray of hope may emerge. [Remember : You may apply for rechecking only within 2 weeks of declaration of result and not after that]. In rechecking only the marks are counted again and its not the evaluation of the checking, so chances are less that there might be any increase in marks but still its a long shot.

Option 3 : Apply for RTI
If nothing works then directly apply for RTI [Right to information], after applying for RTI you will be called to the university where the paper will be given to you for evaluation infront of the evaluator, altough its a long shot and rarely marks are increased, but still if you think that there might be some questions left unchecked, then you should apply for it. Remember : In RTI also there will be no change in marks if the question is already checked, the marks will be awarded in the case of question is left unchecked.

So I hope that there would have been a little bit of clarity in your doubts, if any more doubts you can leave a comment below.
03-21-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: What to do when you get a 'back' or 'arrear' or 'suppli' in 7th Semester or any sem ?
so i have to go ipu now or after 8th sem
03-21-2015, 06:40 PM
RE: What to do when you get a 'back' or 'arrear' or 'suppli' in 7th Semester or any sem ?
(03-21-2015 06:36 PM)'mvsingh' Wrote:  so i have to go ipu now or after 8th sem

most probably you have to go after 8th semester, but still I would recommend going this week to confirm.

03-25-2016, 06:01 PM
So,as per the new amendments,will every student get a degree containing 200 credits or is it just calculated that way for students with backlogs?
I have a backlog in the 7th sem ,wud it be a good move to drop the subject as I have been placed in a mass recruiter? 

03-25-2016, 09:13 PM
(03-25-2016 06:01 PM)'gunner' Wrote:  So,as per the new amendments,will every student get a degree containing 200 credits or is it just calculated that way for students with backlogs?
I have a backlog in the 7th sem ,wud it be a good move to drop the subject as I have been placed in a mass recruiter? 

every student will get a degree if he/she has a minimum credits of 200, if your cumulative credits are greater than 200 after 8th sem, then you will get a degree irrespective of number of backlogs.

04-25-2016, 08:24 PM
I have a back in Communication systems and circuits from 5th sem, that i could not clear in 7th sem. Can i drop the subject?? It is core subject and i think i can't drop any core subject. Please help buddy. I have AFSB in August of this year. What should i do? Sad
04-26-2016, 07:56 PM
(04-25-2016 08:24 PM)'Varunvats' Wrote:  I have a back in Communication systems and circuits from 5th sem, that i could not clear in 7th sem. Can i drop the subject?? It is core subject and i think i can't drop any core subject. Please help buddy. I have AFSB in August of this year. What should i do? Sad

you should contact your college authorities, I think it can be dropped, but still confirm from college as well as university !

08-03-2016, 06:43 PM
 I have completed my 8th sem but have active back in 4th sem subject Software engineering. The subject can be dropped.
But i want to ask that will I be eligible for AFCAT, CDSE and other UPSE exams after I drop the subject?
Please reply. Thankyou
 Thanks given by: vowkayak
New Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  GGSIPU 90% Year back rule scraped, Pass percentage reduced to 40% wef 2015-16 batches Deep_Singh 23 26,375 06-11-2016 02:38 AM
Last Post: Kanu_28
  GGSIPU B.Tech END TERM DATESHEET [FINAL][EVEN SEMESTER][2016] Deep_Singh 6 3,598 04-26-2016 10:45 PM
Last Post: Deep_Singh
  GGSIPU B.TECH 2nd SESSIONAL DATESHEET [EVEN SEMESTER][2016][REGULAR & REAPPEAR] Deep_Singh 3 1,814 04-22-2016 08:46 AM
  GGSIPU B.Tech End Term Datesheet [Proposed][Even Semester][2016] Deep_Singh 6 3,728 04-11-2016 09:29 PM
  GGSIPU 1st SESSIONAL DATESHEET [EVEN SEMESTER][2016] Deep_Singh 1 2,149 02-24-2016 12:08 PM
  GGSIPU B.Tech Rechecking Result [Odd Semester, December 2014] Deep_Singh 0 1,415 08-06-2015 10:37 PM
  Result of Upgradation in Engineering on basis of performance in 1st semester[GGSIPU] Deep_Singh 0 1,410 07-23-2015 11:58 AM
  Decision of the UFM Cases Booked / Reported during End Term Semester [2015] Deep_Singh 0 2,110 07-21-2015 12:51 PM
  What does the term 'back' or 'year back' means in GGSIPU Deep_Singh 0 20,134 03-19-2015 11:56 AM
  Decision of the Unfair Means Cases booked / reported during End Term Semester [Dec14] Deep_Singh 0 1,302 02-26-2015 04:46 PM